Featured photo, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 1953 – Photograph by Martin J. Walsh Jr, of Murdock Minnesota, Kodachrome slide. Information written on slide – Belfast, Northern Ireland, outskirts of city, May 1953. Note: Slide heavily damages in the sky area. View blog about this vintage photograph.
Jannet L. Walsh
June 30, 2022
I am sending out a summary of my blogs and other items related to my forthcoming book for the month of June 2022. If you missed something, here’s a few items below. Enjoy!
- Upcoming Minnesota public event, July 14, 2022 – Speaking, in person, Swift County Historical Society, Benson, Minnesota – If you are in Minnesota, join me at the Swift County Historical Society, Benson, Minnesota. I will be the guest speaker at the Brown Bag Lunch, Thursday, July 14, 2022, at noon to 1 p.m., admission free. The custom is to bring your own lunch if you desire, and enjoy the company of others in attendance. I’ll be talking about my book, and Irish American roots in Dublin Township in Swift County, Minnesota. Please contact the Swift County Historical Museum for more details at their website.
- Higgledy-Piggledy Stones book update – I am now working on a draft review of my creative nonfiction quest narrative book Higgledy-Piggledy Stones: Family Stories from Ireland and Minnesota. The publisher is Shanti Arts Publishing of Brunswick, Maine, with scheduled publication 2022. Learn more about my book at my website.
- Irish Genealogy Toolkit – This month I curated a free list of resources called Irish Genealogy Toolkit, for seeking your Irish roots. You will find official websites from the government of Ireland, archives in United States, and numerous resources I used, or found of interest during my family history search. View at my website.
- Blog, update on my father’s 1953 Kodachrome slides from Ireland, including Google Maps – View blog
- Story, IrishCentral, Seeing Ireland through my father’s vintage Kodachrome images – View at IrishCentral
- Blog, Father’s Day 2022, vintage 1953 Irish Kodachromes – View blog
- Blog, Top 10 pointers to launch Irish genealogy search – View blog
I invite you, if you haven’t already, to subscribe to my social media and website to receive notices when new blog posts are published. You can follow my blog posts at my website, please see my Social Media page.
Enjoy your summer!
Jannet L. Walsh
About – Jannet L. Walsh, of Murdock, Minnesota, is a photographer, writer, and educator. She is the author of the forthcoming creative nonfiction quest narrative “Higgledy-Piggledy Stones: Family Stories from Ireland and Minnesota,” scheduled for publication in 2022 by Shanti Arts Publishing. She has compiled Irish Genealogy Toolkit, a list of resources for researching your Irish roots. You can follow Walsh on Facebook and Twitter, and her other social media channels.