By Jannet Walsh
Here’s a video I created with a few tips for shooting video you can use for travel, business or everyday. Let me know if you have any questions.
Just click on photo above or video below to start learning! That’s Wee Bobby in the photo.
[vimeo_video height=”360″ autoplay=”no”]http://vimeo.com/104969764[/vimeo_video]
One year anniversary of Pope Benedict’s retirement, CNN
I was quoted in a CNN story from Rome on the one year anniversary of Pope Benedict’s retirement.
- Click here to read story, paragraph 15 and 16 from top of story.
- See original story published in 2013, CNN.com.
Just a note of thanks to everyone that has helped me in 2013.
May all your rejections be turned into opportunities in 2014!
Here’s a few of my highlights for 2013:
- 2013 CNN iReport Spirit Honoree
- Featured in #1 New York Times best seller, “Living Large for the Long Haul.”
- Jannet was featured in a CNN iReport video with actors from the new ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ movie.
- Featured in a few media interviews on CNN and more from around the world
- Golden Apple award winner from udemy.com
- Published first online course, Video Promo Essentials
Teaching Stats: Total of 637 students from over 9 countries
- Seattle Timelapse video published for an upcoming photo and video travel course
- Designed new online website to host my online courses, Dublin Academy
- Designed new online website for weebobby.com
- Designed new onlnie website Old Volks Home
- And much more!
[vimeo_video height=”360″ autoplay=”no”]http://vimeo.com/81977673[/vimeo_video]
Jannet Walsh, of Murdock, Minnesota, is an award winning photojournalist and photographer with more than 20 years of experience capturing images, both still photographs and video. She is a former employee of The New York Times Company, working at a regional newspaper, Star-Banner, in Ocala, Florida. Jannet’s work has appeared around the world. View her photographs in a newspaper in Oslo, Norway. Read more. . .
Educated – She has a Master of Arts in visual communication from Ohio University, one of the nation’s premier programs for photojournalism. Her undergraduate degree is in mass communication from St. Cloud State University. She has also received two fellowships from The Poynter Institute related to multimedia.
Worked and lived in Europe – Jannet owned and operated her own photo agency based in Sittard, the Netherlands, as a freelance photographer for Limburgs Dagblad, Herleen, the Netherlands, a daily Dutch language newspaper; had a portrait contract with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization(NATO) at Geilenkirchen NATO Air Base, Germany and other Dutch language publications. Jannet established a Dutch registered photo agency called JWK Foto, and is a former member of Dutch Association of Photojournalists. Click to view Linkedin profile and recommendations.
My West Highland White Terrier Andrew was laid to rest this year, 1998 to 2013. More loyal than many people!
- Video published, May 5, 2012, by Jannet Walsh, “Missing Mother,” CNN vetted video. Watch CNN video Featured in CNN Living story, May 9, 2012, “8 ideas for a memorable Mother’s Day,” CNN Living by Ashely Strickland and Jamie Gumbrecht, CNN. Read CNN Living story View iReport
Jobs: First question in the first Presidential debate
Jannet Walsh, iReporter from Murdock, Minn. discusses jobs in this CNN iReport vetted video in response to the first Presidential debate on Oct. 3, 2012 . See more debate video responses from CNN iReport.
Jannet is one of the featured iReporters in this video.
CNN iReporter Jannet Walsh from Murdock, Minn., finds out what Bees Wings are by asking farmer Steve Collins from Murdock. The red colored chaff from the corn is flying around during harvest time, called Bees Wings. Have you heard of Bees Wings before?
CNN iReport producer Daphne Sashin added a few more details to the iReport with the help of the Minnesota Department of Agriculture. View video and see the producer’s comments.
Agriculture Quiz: Do you know what city or maybe village, the Commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Agriculture hails from?
Answer: Murdock, Minn. Read more about Murdock’s native son.